Monday, March 31, 2008

Play Ball!

Yep. Its the start of the season. The Rockies start their season this Friday here at Coor's Field. Opening day tickets sold out in under 2 hours, so Duane and I have tickets for Saturday's game when all the pennant hulabaloo takes place.

We visited Altos this weekend, which wasn't bad. I would not recommend the lemon olive oil cake which resembled (and tasted) much like a 2-day old lemon muffin that had been left out on the counter. Not cool.

This weekend seemed to last forever. We hiked in Garden of the Gods...which is less like hiking in the great outdoors and more like being a tourist in Disneyland. 30% of the trails we were on were paved. It really is a hodge podge of touristy photo ops and then small glimmers of nature. Just when you think you're in the wilderness you run into a small troop of baby strollers and a family all wearing "Boysn" souvenir hooded sweatshirts. Yikes. Saturday night was spent in Elizabeth with el rents and a Sunday morning full of glorious blueberry pancakes.

I am hoping my 3 hour walk/faux hike on Saturday made up for the fact that I did not enter the gym this weekend. I keep fluctuating with the same 5 pounds over and over again. I hope to really change up the routine this week and drop some LB's like its my job. Because it actually is. This wedding in June is LOOMING. I also have the pressure of having to find my sister and mom a bridesmaid dress this month. Oy.

I have no time during the week after work. From 5-5:40pm I am driving from work to the gym. From 5:40-7:40 I am working out. From 7:40-7:55 I am driving home from the gym. I have from 8:00-10:00 to make dinner, maybe watch a television show, and throw a load of laundry in. My Jeep needs to be CLEANED out, I need to CLEAN OUT my closet, and just get rid of a ton of stuff in general.

I also need to focus my energies on re-starting my photog biz. My client base in Phoenix was nothing to sneeze at, and if I want to escape from cubicle nation, I need to hit it full force.

I am really trying to prioritize here. The weight loss is obviously my numero uno goal. This consists of:
1. Gyming
2. Meal prep
3. Eating consistently
4. Drinking mucho agua

In comparison to many people's issues, I really shouldn't be stressing out. But I literally agonize over everything I eat, "Is this too much? Is it not enough? Could I have made a better choice?" It seriously takes over and consumes my mind ALL.THE.TIME. Its really almost to a point of an obsession that ultimately leads to incredible anxiety.

Do they make Xanax in a form of gum?

If exercise is such a great way to deal with stress, does it still work when the exercise/eating is part of it all?

Dentist appointment tomorrow to remove this plastic molar from my skull and to fill those 2 cavities. Hallelujah. Not cool: making up the 3 hours lost in the dentist chair from being at work in this chair.