Monday, March 20, 2006

A whirlwind weekend

We got an incredible amount of crapola done this weekend. Duane picked me up from work on Friday...this included an ill-fated last-minute plan to take swing lessons that just DIDN'T happen. Unscathed by this attempt, we headed up to the Royal Gorge for a small afternoon trip, and made future plans to once again return to take advantage of some great white water rafting. We were both bitten by the WWR bug from our first trips not too long ago, and are quite eager to return to the rapids.

Wedding planning is pretty much in full force more than a year to go until the big fiesta. Looking this early is proving to be wise, as every single venue is open for our date, and we have time to peruse each possible facility we could ever think of.

As we are both opposed to an overly traditional wedding, our seaches have taken us to quite an ecclectic assortment of venues. Needless to say, we are pulsing with ideas, and every time we go looking, we come back wiser and full of excitement. Let it be known: our wedding will kick some major butt, and you will NOT see another wedding like ours. Our ultimate goal is of course to have our wedding in our own signature style. My second *secret* goal is to be featured in The Knot magazine. I can assure you that both of these goals will be met.

As it is snowing in Colorado Springs, I am not in work this morning. I'm not sure I will be going in the afternoon, either. The roads are still icy and snowy, which is typical of the city. I don't *do* icy and snowy roads.

Oh! And I was nearly struck by lightning yesterday...not a joke. The crack happened within 50 feet of where I was standing. I nearly crapped my pants. Not kidding.

Duane was a madman with the laundry last night. I cleaned the kitchen and made dinner, but he is the ultimate cleaning force in the house, no question.

I'm off to browse wedding photogs. Ciao-