Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Just another day in paradise

I have 2.5 more days left at this job. Today there was an instance in which I wanted to *escape*, you know what I mean? Hmmm...actually there hasn't been a day in the past 6 weeks that I felt absolutely comfortable. It seems as though I can do absolutely no right at this job, and I find that to be HILARIOUS.

Duane has to work tonight. MER.

Phoenix this weekend. Pippin audition tomorrow. Tonight I need to secure some jazzy fresh jazz pants for some dance shenanigans.

I should be interviewing for another job this week or next...HOORAY!

Turns out that the kids didn't try to rip me off, ALTHOUGH I DID NOT receieve a call back from the dean of Mathematics at CU-Denver. WTF?

Duane's designated 'DAD MUG' arrived this weekend, which was grand. I also went to this po-dunk steak house in Elizabeth where teeth were most certainly an option, and by no means a requirement. The prime rib was mighty tasty, however, and the cook came out to chat with us during the meal, which was a surprise.

Sunday I was in a HELLACIOUS mood, so Duane got my butt out of bed, and we hauled it to the Stock Show in Denver because my mom was begging us to do so. I was a bit jazzed from watching 'Brokeback Mountain,' and was eager to immerse myself in the 'cowboy scene,' if you will. Also we thought being 'outside' might lift the spirits, and boy were we wrong.

First, cows and horses aren't our 'thing,' but we like to stay open minded. We paid 10 bucks to park, and 18 for admission. That admission price got you nothing but the privilege to be surrounded by vendors. And not just any vendors...vendors that sold crap that is identified and BANNED on 'Clean Sweep' and 'What Not to Wear.' Let's review the run-down, shall we?
-Lamps with NASCAR logos
-Quilts with WOLF/COYOTE/HORSE prints
-Denim vests

Need I say more?

Anywho, the parents were watching the rodeo ($9 per person extra!), and I refused to pay for that. So we ended up walking around, sneezing, and feeding some goats for an hour and a half. The drive alone was 1.25 hours long to the Stock Show, and we stayed just under 2 hours. I also bit Duane's head off for not wanting BBQ.

Yes. It was that bad.

This weekend: ROAD TRIP TO PHOENIX. Stay pertly tuned for pictures from our trip, and for pictures of me with goats. IT WILL BE AMAZING.