Friday, April 07, 2006

Get your OWN

Up until an hour ago, it was snowing madly. The sun is now out, and there is hardly a cloud in the sky. Crazy. Colorado weather = ridic.

Duane has today off to work on el house. We lunched. I find myself nervous about his mom coming next week during Pesach. Its as if I'm a kid waiting for a shot at the doctor's office...I'm sick with the anxiety...but as soon as I get the shot, I know its going to be better.

What's killing me is the fact that his mom is going to meet my family at my Pesach seder...a HUGE 3-hour ordeal for any Jewish family. Its crazy enough that they are all meeting each other at the same time, but try adding an epic sit-down service and meal completely devoid of leaven to the mix, and you have yourself a deal. Apparently I am the only one that feels this way.

I find myself starting arguments just for the sake of having something interesting to talk about. Perhaps it is a reminder to myself that I'm alive. My emotions have been very static in the past month...I need some kind of excitement. Or rather an EXERCISE of EMOTION is what I need.