Thursday, April 27, 2006

Here it is

I purchased three books today at an unexpected visit to the thrift store. Total cost: $3.20

I've finished Steve Martin's novella of Shopgirl. I first picked this book up to look it over at a B&N in Indiana. I believe last year the film came out---of which I have yet to see.

The book shares the following qualities that don't stray too far from my own persona: flirty and disarming with a stirring thoughtfulness. I would recommend it if this sounds at all appealing to you.

Which leads me to...

I have but one qualification that a book must meet in order for me to have the slightest interest in cracking the pages further:

I read the first page of the first chapter. If my curiosity is anything other than strongly peaked, the book goes right back on the shelf. I find this to be an effective proverbial literary "butt-sniff."

Ahem.