Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Dreams are for FOOOOOLS!

In honor of the Strangers with Candy movie coming out this summer: Oh, victory will be ever so sweet.

I was reading just the past two years of my little blog-a-dola (there's more than just two years on this bitch) , and realized how much has happened in a short time. Two years ago today I was getting ready for my trip to Israel and working at Gart's. One year ago I went to the Air Force Academy graduation and was about to open Sweet Charity. I was also 30+ pounds thinner. **On a positive note, I would like to add that I am just as tan.

I also was about to go out with this guy named Duane.

Who would have freakin thought that a year ago from then I would be:
A. Engaged
B. Unemployed (YESSS!)
C. Living back in Phoenix

Life sure is a freaking roller coaster ride, people. My posts have also gotten shorter...it seems as though the quasi-married life doesn't really keep you up until 4am anymore. Well. That is, unless you can't sleep. Like me. Right now.

Sigh.

Only one year ago.

One Dolla Holla

I believe this is actually the most stressed out I have ever been in my life. My balance is completely thrown, physiologically AND mentally so. Tonight I was at a dinner shindig with Duane's co-workers, and I was experiencing difficulty finishing sentences. Phrases would come out of my mouth out of order, and I felt oddly out of place. This isn't like me. I called my mom to discuss said issues--->(my mind raced over possibilities...1. Preggers? NOPE 2. My brain is damaged somehow because of that trauma to my face? Maybe not).

Mom offered STRESS as a diagnosis. Not quite what I had in mind, but apparently stress can wreck havoc on the body. In one case of a newly married man, he experienced amnesia as a result of the stress of getting married, his best man dying, and life in general. He went to run a simple errand and forgot who he was. Authorities finally tracked him down wandering downtown with not a clue as to his own name or where he was.

Holy crap, right?

Absolutely

Anyway, with the events of the past 3 weeks (karma or something kicking my ASS), I wouldn't find this odd at all.

I just have to move along, and start living...its about damn time.