Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Happy Tan

My time with the fam is coming to a close in a mere few hours, people.
I am saddened by this fact.

Today was an extraordinary day of Waterworld fun and hulabaloo. I honestly haven't had this much fun in months. Something about whooshing down a water slide in a crowded raft with your mom and sister (and laughing so hard you can't breathe) can prove to de-stress your life. It also can relieve the heavy, sticky weight of something awful lingering in your brain and chest.

Yesterday I spent about 45 minutes getting my coffee fix and horoscope browsing on in the local Starbucks. I decided to read the month in review and found that every prediction and call was absolutely true...right down to my job situation, our trip to San Diego, and my pending hair cut. TRES bizarre.

I also was surprised by my nieces and nephew's reaction to the engagement scrapbook. Duane had mentioned something about having kids someday, and the kids errupted in how cool a mom they thought I would be. I was really interested in why they thought this, and they all gave me sincere reasons that truly melted my heart. I've often wondered about how good of a mom I would be, but it was really cool to hear them say such sweet words.

Awesome kids. Its been great to have them here and to witness what kind of people they are growing up to become, and the talents that are blossoming from within them. I am truly impressed.

Yay.

Anywho.

I have about three hours of sleep to catch before I head back to Arizona.

I should get on that.

See you in AZ.