Sunday, April 24, 2005

Mistake

I'm still reeling in pain. I almost feel like an addict because I keep trying other meds (under medical supervision, of course) to see what pain scrips will work. Not cool. I absolutely LOATHE taking medicine. Especially when I HAVE to take it to try to feel like a normal human being ...its an incredible responsibility. I admire all you people that do it all the time without bitching.

Pesach was awesome last night. I can't believe Jon met my parents for the first time...well, we've been friends for a year, so maybe this was a *healthy* wait. I'm cracking up, tho. When I first started whatever we started last year...I remember thinking: "Wow. I can never introduce this man to my parents." And then last night Jon is reading liturgy from my dad's haggadah at our seder table.

Of course we whipped out the keyboard and recorded some songs we've been working on. That's what I admire about our people. We always bring the entertainment---because WE ARE the entertainment.

Dinner was awesome--it was weird feeling actually FULL for the first time in 4 days.

Anywho, post-singing and carrying on last night, my right jaw started to retaliate BIG TIME. I completely crashed on my parent's couch in tears and amidst ice packs. I'm sorry about the POOR ME routine, but that shit is tough. I wish my recovery was over and done with. I hope I'm not reacting this way because of further complications involving the sinus cavity---we'll see.

Sue's b-day is coming up...which is going to kick ass. I think I'm going to avoid Arapahoe Basin because I don't want to get killed or break something while I'm trying to do a show.

That's right---the show. :) We had a read-through yesterday afternoon (I have like 2 pages of lines, so I was able to suck it up). The show is typical Neil Simon, but I am genuinely impressed with the talent of the cast. I am definitely looking forward to our first music run-though on Tuesday...should prove to be KICK ass. I'll be bringing the tape recorder so I can take the work home and grind through my parts. We have to put this show together in about a month, so this will all move very fast.

Allison, I will send you all the details for where it is going to be. :) WOOT WOOT!

I'm going to weigh in tonight to see how much I've lost since the surgery...we shall see, indeed.

Hag sameach Pesach, by the way. I hope your seders were as kick as as ours---and oh, yes. I got 5 bucks for TRYING to find the afikomen on vicodin. MUAHAHAHAH! A new development, indeed.

ALSO---I have photos to share. These are from a GHETTO disposable that can't focus worth crap, but there are a few gems. Please take special notice of the ones of me post-surgery with the bloody mouth. CLASS.