Monday, February 03, 2003


RANT ALERT

OK: THIS is what drives me up the wall. This past summer I had a thing for someone that I will call "PERSON X." This person and I spent some time together, and I really felt that we had a good thing going. There was heavy flirting back and forth, and I knew that something was going to end up happening. THEN I find out that "PERSON X" has a freaking girfriend! WHAT THE HELL? I automatically pull back my troops, but he keeps making advances.

Let me tell you: there is a LINE between being friends and being something more, ya know? And "PERSON X" was definitely moving into the "something more" area WHILE in a relationship. TRASH. Of course you could say that "Well, "PERSON X" is just naturally flirty, " or "You were reading too much into his actions/words." Trust me, people. I KNOW the difference. The term "tease" is usually attached to the female of species, but I KNOW that guys can equally personify the term. Tsk tsk.

Ahhh...the age-old question: Can male and female sustain a normal "friendship" without any amount of sexual tension? I believe they can without attraction from either side. Consider boy = x and girl = y (both being exchangeable). If x is attracted to y, even if y isn't attracted to x, there WILL be tension of some sort on x's part. Of course, x is going to be in an awkward spot, by y could be completeley oblivious to x's uneasiness. But alas, a friendship with that situation isn't going to be a bona fide friendship until x gives up on the attraction, or until it fades away. Does that make sense? I give up. I'm going to bed. :)